Feb 13, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
2014 record: 77-85, 4th place in AL East Manager: Kevin Cash, 1st season Estimated 2015 payroll: $75 million Key additions: OF Steven Souza, Jr., SS Asdrubal Cabrera, DH Jon Jaso, RP Kevin Jepsen, RP Erensto Frieri Key losses: OF Wil Myers, 2B/OF Ben Zobrist, manager Joe Maddon, GM Andrew Friedman, SS Yunel Escobar, OF Matt Joyce,…
Jan 12, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Another significant trade rumor was reported Sunday night, and though this one can no longer happen in reality, it did raise an interesting question from the Nationals’ standpoint. The rumored trade, according to FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal: A three-way deal that would have seen Ian Desmond go to the Mets, Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar come…
Dec 30, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Asdrubal Cabrera, who filled in admirably for the Nationals at second base after his acquisition at the July 31 trade deadline, won’t be returning to Washington in 2015. Cabrera has agreed to a 1-year contract with the Rays, according to multiple reports, removing another potential second base option from the Nationals’ plans but possibly making…
Feb 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
2013 record: 87-76, 2nd place in AL East Manager: Joe Maddon, 9th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $72.2 million Key additions: RP Grant Balfour, RP Heath Bell, C Ryan Hanigan Key losses: RP Fernando Rodney, OF Sam Fuld, RP Alex Torres Projected lineup LF David DeJesus 2B Ben Zobrist 3B Evan Longoria RF Wil Myers DH…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times