Jul 21, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Ian Desmond told a story after Monday night’s game that caught the attention of many baseball fans in the Mid-Atlantic area, how MLB Hall of Famer and Orioles legend Cal Ripken, Jr. gave him some advice recently that may have helped him snap out of an extended hitless streak. Ripken saw Desmond before one of…
Jul 20, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Ian Desmond entered Monday’s game hitless in his previous 17 at-bats, a streak that dated back to July 10, a span of 10 days. But in the Nats’ 7-2 win over the Mets on Monday night, Desmond reached base twice: once on an infield single and then later with a two-run homer, his eighth of…
Jun 7, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
With their 15th round pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, the Nationals selected a prospect with a familiar name. Indian River State College (Fla.) first baseman Ryan Ripken, son of Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr., was taken by Washington with the 454th overall pick. The 6-foot-6 left-handed hitter batted .321 in 42 games last…
Sep 5, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
With most decisions well in hand, the most exciting races may be for the wild card spots in each league, with three AL East rivals duking it out for the final spot there, and the Nationals trying to claw back into the picture in the NL. Here’s how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally