Nov 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 33 How acquired: Signed as free agent Dec. 20, 2011 MLB service time: 8 years, 116 days 2013 salary+bonuses: $1 million Contract status: Free agent 2013 Stats: 92 G, 136 PA, 6 R, 26 H, 4 2B, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 7 BB, 25 SO, .202 AVG, .243 OBP, .326 SLG, .568 OPS, -0.6 WAR 2013…
Nov 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The beginning of this offseason saw Dan Haren and Chad Tracy officially cut loose, but it also included a group of Nats’ minor leaguers granted free agency. Players become minor league free agents after teams use up their six renewal years, leaving them without contracts for the next season. Matt Eddy of Baseball America has…
Nov 4, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
The Nationals officially activated Ross Detwiler and Christian Garcia off the 60-day disabled list, required procedural moves that transfer both pitchers back onto the club’s 40-man roster for the offseason. Detwiler dealt with a lingering back injury much of the season that ultimately was diagnosed as a herniated disc. The left-hander was limited to 13…
Nov 2, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
Yesterday the Nationals introduced Matt Williams, the team’s new manager, at Nats Park by pulling out all the stops. They had the Lerner family and other members of the ownership group, dozens of team employees, and tons of media in attendance. Even Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there. It was a very…
Oct 4, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The Nationals are transitioning into offseason mode, and so are we. Over these first five days, we’ll run through the five biggest storylines of the winter for this club, continuing today with the No. 4 storyline: Fixing a bench and bullpen that wasn’t nearly as strong in 2013 as it was in 2012… The Nationals,…
Sep 29, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
PHOENIX — Dan Haren’s season, much like the Nationals’ season, felt like a lost cause earlier this summer. With little reason to believe things would significantly turn for the better, both the right-hander and his team easily could have mailed it in and turned their sights on 2014. In the end, neither did. Haren resurrected…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen