Jan 10, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
2013 record: 66-96, 5th place in NL Central Manager: Rick Renteria, 1st season Estimated 2014 payroll: $80 million Key additions: RP Jose Veras, OF Justin Ruggiano, SP/RP Brett Marshall, C George Kottaras, IF Donnie Murphy Key losses: OF Brian Bogusevic, 1B Matt Gamel, RP Daniel Bard Projected lineup SS Starlin Castro 3B Luis Valbuena 1B…
Nov 28, 2013, 7:18 AM EDT
Some Major League Baseball franchises are more fortunate than others, that’s just the way it is. That’s life. Some teams will celebrate this year’s Thanksgiving holiday with a lot more to be thankful for. But each team, even the Mets, have something to appreciate, something to behold for the present and the future. As a…
Nov 12, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Former Nationals bench player Mark DeRosa is retiring from Major League Baseball after 16 seasons, the Blue Jays announced on Tuesday. DeRosa, 38, played with the Nationals in 2012 before signing with Toronto. Known for his outgoing personality, DeRosa helped provide veteran leadership to a Nats team coming into its own. He batted just .188…
Sep 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
David DeJesus had just three at-bats with the Nationals before they shipped him to Tampa Bay for a player to be named later in late August. Now, nearly a month later, that player’s name has been announced. The Nationals received lefty relief pitcher Matt Spann in return, a 6-foot-7 former 25th round pick. The 22-year-old…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals