Dec 16, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Chris Marrero, released by the Nationals earlier this fall, has found a new home just up the road: Baltimore. The Orioles have signed the 25-year-old first baseman to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training, according to Baseball America. Marrero, the Nationals’ highly touted first-round pick in the 2006 draft, was outrighted off…
Nov 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The beginning of this offseason saw Dan Haren and Chad Tracy officially cut loose, but it also included a group of Nats’ minor leaguers granted free agency. Players become minor league free agents after teams use up their six renewal years, leaving them without contracts for the next season. Matt Eddy of Baseball America has…
Oct 24, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
The Nationals outrighted Chris Marrero to Class AAA Syracuse, removing the former first-round draft pick from their 40-man roster and effectively ending his tenure with the organization. Marrero, 25, was the 15th overall pick in the country in the 2006 draft, touted by the Nationals as a future offensive force who could hit both for…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious