Dec 16, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Chris Marrero, released by the Nationals earlier this fall, has found a new home just up the road: Baltimore. The Orioles have signed the 25-year-old first baseman to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training, according to Baseball America. Marrero, the Nationals’ highly touted first-round pick in the 2006 draft, was outrighted off…
Nov 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
The beginning of this offseason saw Dan Haren and Chad Tracy officially cut loose, but it also included a group of Nats’ minor leaguers granted free agency. Players become minor league free agents after teams use up their six renewal years, leaving them without contracts for the next season. Matt Eddy of Baseball America has…
Oct 24, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
The Nationals outrighted Chris Marrero to Class AAA Syracuse, removing the former first-round draft pick from their 40-man roster and effectively ending his tenure with the organization. Marrero, 25, was the 15th overall pick in the country in the 2006 draft, touted by the Nationals as a future offensive force who could hit both for…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles