Mar 24, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals released veteran catcher Chris Snyder on Monday night, a move that pared their spring training roster down to 33 players with only three days remaining in camp. Snyder, 33, signed a minor-league contract with the Nationals over the winter, hoping to compete for the backup job to Wilson Ramos and…
Dec 21, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
On the same day the Nationals announced their signing of catcher Chris Snyder, the team reached minor league deals with two other players: shortstop Emmanuel Burriss, and catcher Mitch Canham. Burriss joins the Nationals after a year in the Reds’ organization. He played 108 games in 2013 for Triple-A Louisville, posting a .241 average with…
Dec 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
The Nationals signed catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league deal on Saturday, bringing the veteran back for a second consecutive spring. Snyder will join the team at big league camp in Viera, Fl. and provide backup catching depth behind Wilson Ramos. Snyder appeared in eight exhibition games for the Nats last year before he…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone