Mar 24, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals released veteran catcher Chris Snyder on Monday night, a move that pared their spring training roster down to 33 players with only three days remaining in camp. Snyder, 33, signed a minor-league contract with the Nationals over the winter, hoping to compete for the backup job to Wilson Ramos and…
Dec 21, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
On the same day the Nationals announced their signing of catcher Chris Snyder, the team reached minor league deals with two other players: shortstop Emmanuel Burriss, and catcher Mitch Canham. Burriss joins the Nationals after a year in the Reds’ organization. He played 108 games in 2013 for Triple-A Louisville, posting a .241 average with…
Dec 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
The Nationals signed catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league deal on Saturday, bringing the veteran back for a second consecutive spring. Snyder will join the team at big league camp in Viera, Fl. and provide backup catching depth behind Wilson Ramos. Snyder appeared in eight exhibition games for the Nats last year before he…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett