Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
There were moments over the last month or two, and especially in the last day or two, when the notion of Tyler Clippard returning to Washington sure sounded plausible. The Nationals’ most-glaring need as Friday’s trade deadline approaches is for experienced bullpen help, preferably a guy who could help bridge the gap between the club’s…
Jul 27, 2015, 4:08 PM EDT
Top storylines: Trade deadline – The 2015 non-waiver trade deadline is coming up at 4 p.m. on Friday and already the Nationals have found themselves in the middle of all types of rumors. The common trends for the Nats in particular seem to be bench help – specifically in the outfield – and late-inning relief pitching. The…
Apr 7, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
When news broke on Sunday the Atlanta Braves were trading star closer Craig Kimbrel to the San Diego Padres, or in other words out of the NL East, Nationals fans celebrated on Twitter. My mentions were filled with people saying ‘amen,’ ‘hallelujah,’ ‘it’s a great day to be an NL East fan,’ and one who…
Mar 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
In the third installment of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray and I are joined by Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to get a peak behind enemy lines at Braves spring training. After entering last season a bit under the radar, the Braves now have a target on their backs as the reigning champions…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can dramatic win be a momentum changer?
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting