Feb 28, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — Max Scherzer could have signed anywhere this winter. He chose to sign with the Nationals. Yes, the money — a staggering $210 million — was a big factor. But it wasn’t the only factor. As Scherzer explains in my 1-on-1 interview with him for Comcast SportsNet, the idea of joining a Nationals…
Aug 26, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Don’t worry, you didn’t stumble into the wrong place. This is the same Nats Insider blog you’ve been reading for the last four seasons. It just looks a little different. Yes, the talented folks at CSNwashington.com have done a redesign of the site, shifting to a new blogging platform (to WordPress, from Google’s Blogger). I…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action