Sep 4, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
The Nationals’ past week, at a glance: Record: 4-3 Team slash: .298/.365/.450 Team ERA: 3.77 Runs per game: 5.0 Opponent runs per game: 4.4 Opponent slash: .262/.323/.375 HOT Tanner Roark, RP: 0-0/1.69 ERA/1.31 WHIP/5.1 IP/5 K Row-ark has emerged as quite the valuable bullpen piece, and while he isn’t always called upon in the highest-leverage…
Sep 1, 2013, 1:21 AM EST
Coming off a series opening loss to the New York Mets, the Nats entered Saturday’s game hoping for the consistent Dan Haren they’ve come to know over the last two months. Perhaps the resurgent veteran could be their stopper. Instead Haren imploded early for the second consecutive outing and left his team with what proved…
Aug 31, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
The Nationals didn’t exactly start this series in the ideal way, taking the loss with some questions about Bryce Harper’s effort coming out on Friday night. Today they try to turn the page and get back to their recent winning ways with Dan Haren on the mound. Haren (8-11, 4.66) is coming off his worst…
Aug 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Team Record: 65-65 (24-26) N.L. East Standings Wild Card Standings Offensive Game of the Week: Jayson Werth 8/21 vs. Cubs – 1 for 3, HR (18), 2 R, 3 RBI, 2 BB Pitching Line of the Week: Jordan Zimmermann 8/24 vs. Royals – 7.2 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, BB, 7 SO, 114 pitches, 78 strikeouts Top…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position