Jan 14, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
Seeking to bolster their catching depth, the Nationals acquired minor-league veteran Dan Butler from the Red Sox, sending rehabbing left-hander Danny Rosenbaum to Boston in exchange. Butler, 28, made his big-league debut last season, going 4-for-19 with three doubles in seven games with the Red Sox. He owns a career .256 batting average, .349 on-base…
May 8, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Nationals pitching prospect Danny Rosenbaum had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament on Thursday, a source told CSNwashington.com. Rosenbaum, 26, will now begin a 12 to 18 month recovery process to return from the procedure. The lefty starter made four appearances this season with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs before suffering the injury.…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
The Nationals have invited 18 non-roster players to participate in big-league camp this spring, a list that includes prospects A.J. Cole, Brian Goodwin and Matt Skole. Cole, Goodwin and Skole are the organization’s second-, third- and fourth-ranked prospects, according to Baseball America. Though none has a reasonable shot at making the Opening Day roster, each…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well