Jan 14, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
Seeking to bolster their catching depth, the Nationals acquired minor-league veteran Dan Butler from the Red Sox, sending rehabbing left-hander Danny Rosenbaum to Boston in exchange. Butler, 28, made his big-league debut last season, going 4-for-19 with three doubles in seven games with the Red Sox. He owns a career .256 batting average, .349 on-base…
May 8, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Nationals pitching prospect Danny Rosenbaum had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament on Thursday, a source told CSNwashington.com. Rosenbaum, 26, will now begin a 12 to 18 month recovery process to return from the procedure. The lefty starter made four appearances this season with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs before suffering the injury.…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
The Nationals have invited 18 non-roster players to participate in big-league camp this spring, a list that includes prospects A.J. Cole, Brian Goodwin and Matt Skole. Cole, Goodwin and Skole are the organization’s second-, third- and fourth-ranked prospects, according to Baseball America. Though none has a reasonable shot at making the Opening Day roster, each…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times