Jan 14, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
Seeking to bolster their catching depth, the Nationals acquired minor-league veteran Dan Butler from the Red Sox, sending rehabbing left-hander Danny Rosenbaum to Boston in exchange. Butler, 28, made his big-league debut last season, going 4-for-19 with three doubles in seven games with the Red Sox. He owns a career .256 batting average, .349 on-base…
May 8, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Nationals pitching prospect Danny Rosenbaum had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament on Thursday, a source told CSNwashington.com. Rosenbaum, 26, will now begin a 12 to 18 month recovery process to return from the procedure. The lefty starter made four appearances this season with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs before suffering the injury.…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:48 PM EST
The Nationals have invited 18 non-roster players to participate in big-league camp this spring, a list that includes prospects A.J. Cole, Brian Goodwin and Matt Skole. Cole, Goodwin and Skole are the organization’s second-, third- and fourth-ranked prospects, according to Baseball America. Though none has a reasonable shot at making the Opening Day roster, each…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position