Jan 14, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
Seeking to bolster their catching depth, the Nationals acquired minor-league veteran Dan Butler from the Red Sox, sending rehabbing left-hander Danny Rosenbaum to Boston in exchange. Butler, 28, made his big-league debut last season, going 4-for-19 with three doubles in seven games with the Red Sox. He owns a career .256 batting average, .349 on-base…
May 8, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Nationals pitching prospect Danny Rosenbaum had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament on Thursday, a source told CSNwashington.com. Rosenbaum, 26, will now begin a 12 to 18 month recovery process to return from the procedure. The lefty starter made four appearances this season with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs before suffering the injury.…
Jan 24, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
The Nationals have invited 18 non-roster players to participate in big-league camp this spring, a list that includes prospects A.J. Cole, Brian Goodwin and Matt Skole. Cole, Goodwin and Skole are the organization’s second-, third- and fourth-ranked prospects, according to Baseball America. Though none has a reasonable shot at making the Opening Day roster, each…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates