Nov 7, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Bryce Harper will no longer participate in Major League Baseball’s Japan Series showcase next week, as the final roster was announced on Friday. Relief pitcher Jerry Blevins will instead go to represent the Nationals. Harper was part of an original group announced in late September. Albert Pujols and Adam Jones also dropped out in the…
Sep 5, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Adam LaRoche’s 5-RBI performance in Wednesday’s 14-inning win over the Dodgers was already impressive at face value, but to hear him talk about what he was going through that day now 48 hours later is pretty extraordinary. LaRoche of course didn’t start the game because of tightness in his back. That, however, was just part of…
Nov 24, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Let go by the Nationals less than a month ago, Dan Haren has found a new home. The 11-year veteran has reached a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers for one year and $10 million. He’ll also have a vesting option for 2015 that kicks in if he reaches 180 innings pitched. Haren leaves the…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot