Jan 31, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
2014 record: 94-68, 1st place in NL West Manager: Don Mattingly, 5th season Estimated 2015 payroll: $264 million Key additions: SS Jimmy Rollins, 2B Howie Kendrick, C Yasmani Grandal, SP Brandon McCarthy, SP Brett Anderson, RP Joel Peralta Key losses: SS Hanley Ramirez, 2B Dee Gordon, SP Josh Beckett, SP Dan Haren, SP Chad Billingsley Projected lineup SS Jimmy Rollins LF Carl…
Nov 7, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will no longer participate in Major League Baseball’s Japan Series showcase next week, as the final roster was announced on Friday. Relief pitcher Jerry Blevins will instead go to represent the Nationals. Harper was part of an original group announced in late September. Albert Pujols and Adam Jones also dropped out in the…
Sep 5, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Adam LaRoche’s 5-RBI performance in Wednesday’s 14-inning win over the Dodgers was already impressive at face value, but to hear him talk about what he was going through that day now 48 hours later is pretty extraordinary. LaRoche of course didn’t start the game because of tightness in his back. That, however, was just part of…
Nov 24, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
Let go by the Nationals less than a month ago, Dan Haren has found a new home. The 11-year veteran has reached a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers for one year and $10 million. He’ll also have a vesting option for 2015 that kicks in if he reaches 180 innings pitched. Haren leaves the…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal