Dec 23, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
The Nationals have signed Ian Stewart to a minor-league contract, according to Baseball America’s Matt Eddy, adding a veteran infielder who potentially could serve as a left-handed backup to first baseman Ryan Zimmerman and third baseman Anthony Rendon. Stewart, 29, is a career .229 hitter in parts of seven big-league seasons with the Rockies, Cubs…
Aug 28, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
The Nationals announced on Thursday a player development contract extension with their Class A New York-Penn League affiliate, the Auburn Doubledays, a deal that will maintain the partnership between both clubs through 2016. The short season Doubledays have been a part of the Nationals since 2010. “We are proud to continue our association with the…
Mar 21, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Episode 5 of ‘Baseball in The District’ turned out to be quite action packed. Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests, Nationals assistant GM Doug Harris and radio voice of the Miami Marlins, Glenn Geffner. Harris talked about the Nationals’ minor league pitching depth and Geffner gave us a preview of the…
Nov 21, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The Nationals have made several alterations to their scouting and player development departments in the wake of Roy Clark’s departure for Los Angeles, announcing several front office promotions on Thursday. Clark, who had served as assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel since 2009, left the Nationals to join the Dodgers earlier this…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves