Dec 23, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
The Nationals have signed Ian Stewart to a minor-league contract, according to Baseball America’s Matt Eddy, adding a veteran infielder who potentially could serve as a left-handed backup to first baseman Ryan Zimmerman and third baseman Anthony Rendon. Stewart, 29, is a career .229 hitter in parts of seven big-league seasons with the Rockies, Cubs…
Aug 28, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
The Nationals announced on Thursday a player development contract extension with their Class A New York-Penn League affiliate, the Auburn Doubledays, a deal that will maintain the partnership between both clubs through 2016. The short season Doubledays have been a part of the Nationals since 2010. “We are proud to continue our association with the…
Mar 21, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Episode 5 of ‘Baseball in The District’ turned out to be quite action packed. Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests, Nationals assistant GM Doug Harris and radio voice of the Miami Marlins, Glenn Geffner. Harris talked about the Nationals’ minor league pitching depth and Geffner gave us a preview of the…
Nov 21, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
The Nationals have made several alterations to their scouting and player development departments in the wake of Roy Clark’s departure for Los Angeles, announcing several front office promotions on Thursday. Clark, who had served as assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel since 2009, left the Nationals to join the Dodgers earlier this…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals