dr. james andrews
May 28, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
Nationals minor league pitcher Matt Purke will have Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow, the team announced. The surgery will be performed on Thursday by Dr. James Andrews. Purke, 23, was once considered among the best pitching prospects in the game of baseball. He was drafted 14th overall by…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann gets roughed up for 8 runs by Marlins
- Nats cut two more, reducing healthy roster to 27
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him