Jun 26, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Updated at 6:33 p.m. PHILADELPHIA — Just when it looked like Anthony Rendon was finding his groove at the plate, the Nationals’ dynamic infielder finds himself back in an all-too-familiar place: the disabled list. Rendon was placed on the 15-day DL Friday with a strained left quadriceps muscle, the latest physical ailment to derail his…
Mar 27, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals made six roster cuts Friday morning, re-assigning outfielders Kila Ka’aihue and Derrick Robinson, infielders Emmanuel Burriss and Cutter Dykstra, catcher Steven Lerud and right-hander Manny Delcarmen to minor-league camp. All six players will open the season at Class AAA Syracuse. None of the six moves was surprising, though Ka’aihue had…
Nov 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The Nationals have re-signed infielder Emmanuel Burriss and reliever Manny Delcarmen to minor-league contracts, offering both players invitations to big-league camp next spring with a chance to make the Opening Day roster. Burriss and Delcarmen return to the organization after spending all of 2014 at Class AAA Syracuse, where each performed well. Burriss hit .300…
Dec 21, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
On the same day the Nationals announced their signing of catcher Chris Snyder, the team reached minor league deals with two other players: shortstop Emmanuel Burriss, and catcher Mitch Canham. Burriss joins the Nationals after a year in the Reds’ organization. He played 108 games in 2013 for Triple-A Louisville, posting a .241 average with…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager
- A rocky two years: Matt Williams' tenure as Nats manager
- Cross Scioscia off list of potential Nats manager candidates
- Rizzo on firing Williams as manager: 'A tough day'
- Nats leaning toward manager with experience
- Report: Nats will look at Cal Ripken for managerial job
- Jordan Zimmermann releases touching statement thanking DC