Jun 26, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Updated at 6:33 p.m. PHILADELPHIA — Just when it looked like Anthony Rendon was finding his groove at the plate, the Nationals’ dynamic infielder finds himself back in an all-too-familiar place: the disabled list. Rendon was placed on the 15-day DL Friday with a strained left quadriceps muscle, the latest physical ailment to derail his…
Mar 27, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals made six roster cuts Friday morning, re-assigning outfielders Kila Ka’aihue and Derrick Robinson, infielders Emmanuel Burriss and Cutter Dykstra, catcher Steven Lerud and right-hander Manny Delcarmen to minor-league camp. All six players will open the season at Class AAA Syracuse. None of the six moves was surprising, though Ka’aihue had…
Nov 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The Nationals have re-signed infielder Emmanuel Burriss and reliever Manny Delcarmen to minor-league contracts, offering both players invitations to big-league camp next spring with a chance to make the Opening Day roster. Burriss and Delcarmen return to the organization after spending all of 2014 at Class AAA Syracuse, where each performed well. Burriss hit .300…
Dec 21, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
On the same day the Nationals announced their signing of catcher Chris Snyder, the team reached minor league deals with two other players: shortstop Emmanuel Burriss, and catcher Mitch Canham. Burriss joins the Nationals after a year in the Reds’ organization. He played 108 games in 2013 for Triple-A Louisville, posting a .241 average with…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4