Sep 1, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Davey Johnson put it fairly mildly when he described the performance put on by Mets rookie starter Zack Wheeler on Saturday night. “I thought he threw the ball good. He’s good a good arm. Fastball, slider, we didn’t get much against him,” said the Nationals’ august manager. In a division suddenly rife with dynamic young…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Defense costs Nats in opener against St. Louis
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up