Aug 5, 2014, 6:43 PM EST
Erick Fedde heads to Viera, Fla., Wednesday to begin the long, slow rehab from Tommy John surgery, but before embarking on that monotonous journey, the Nationals’ top draft pick got to enjoy a whirlwind day in the District. Fedde, the 16th overall pick in the June draft out of UNLV, toured Washington and then spent…
Jul 18, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Once again it went down to the wire on Friday, as the Nationals signed their 2014 first round pick Erick Fedde just moments before the 5 p.m. deadline. The 18th overall pick out of UNLV – a recent recipient of Tommy John surgery – inked a deal with the Nats worth approximately $2.51 million, according…
Jun 7, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Here is a look at the Nationals’ full 2014 draft class: 1st round: RHP Erick Fedde – UNLV – A high school teammate of Bryce Harper at Las Vegas High School, the Scott Boras client had Tommy John surgery on June 3. 2nd round: LHP Andrew Suarez – U. of Miami – A 6-foot-2 southpaw,…
Jun 6, 2014, 3:57 PM EST
On April 25, Erick Fedde took the mound in Las Vegas for the top of the seventh inning against New Mexico, his UNLV ballclub holding an 8-1 lead against their Mountain West Conference rivals. The tall right-hander threw a pitch and felt a sudden pain in his elbow. Fedde, as most 21-year-olds would, didn’t say…
Jun 5, 2014, 9:53 PM EST
Updated at 12:07 a.m. The story of the Nationals’ latest first-round draft pick should sound quite familiar to those who have followed this franchise over the last five years. Right-hander Erick Fedde, taken with the 18th overall pick in Thursday night’s MLB Draft, comes from Las Vegas, where he was high school teammates with none…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious