Feb 13, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals placed reliever Erik Davis on the 60-day disabled list Thursday with a sprained right elbow, a move necessitated in part by the club’s four-player trade with the Rays. Two of the four players the Nationals acquired from Tampa Bay (catcher Jose Lobaton and left-hander Felipe Rivero) are now on the…
Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Age on Opening Day 2014: 27 How acquired: Trade, March 2011 MLB service time: 45 days 2013 salary+bonuses: N/A Contract status: Arbitration-eligible in 2017, free agent in 2020 2013 Stats: 10 G, 8.2 IP, 10 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 12 SO, 1.269 WHIP, 1-0, 3.12 ERA, 3.61 FIP, 0.3 WAR Quotable: “I…
Sep 1, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
[Updated 6:35 p.m.] The Washington Nationals began expanding their roster with September call-ups on Sunday, promoting pitchers Erik Davis and Ian Krol from Triple-A Syracuse, as well as catcher Sandy Leon from Double-A Harrisburg. The Nats are expected to call up more players in the coming days as both the Chiefs’ and Senators’ schedules end…
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami