Mar 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
In the third installment of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray and I are joined by Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to get a peak behind enemy lines at Braves spring training. After entering last season a bit under the radar, the Braves now have a target on their backs as the reigning champions…
Nov 24, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
All-Star catcher Brian McCann is indeed leaving the National League East. The 29 year old backstop has reached a deal with the New York Yankees that will pay him $85 million over five years, with a vesting option for the sixth. McCann was expected to sign elsewhere, and the American League will allow him spend…
Sep 17, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: After seeing their lineup go cold following a three-run first inning and their bullpen blow a lead they held for over seven innings, the Nationals came through in the bottom of the ninth with a thrilling, walkoff victory over the Atlanta Braves. Denard Span is the hero with a one-out RBI groundball…
Sep 10, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
There will be no drama for the NL teams listed below, as Atlanta has been a division lock for what feels like months, and the rest of the NL East has held firm at about .500 or below. Still, an examination of where the Braves have gleaned the most value reveals that there is more…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line