Nov 24, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
All-Star catcher Brian McCann is indeed leaving the National League East. The 29 year old backstop has reached a deal with the New York Yankees that will pay him $85 million over five years, with a vesting option for the sixth. McCann was expected to sign elsewhere, and the American League will allow him spend…
Sep 17, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Game in a nutshell: After seeing their lineup go cold following a three-run first inning and their bullpen blow a lead they held for over seven innings, the Nationals came through in the bottom of the ninth with a thrilling, walkoff victory over the Atlanta Braves. Denard Span is the hero with a one-out RBI groundball…
Sep 10, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
There will be no drama for the NL teams listed below, as Atlanta has been a division lock for what feels like months, and the rest of the NL East has held firm at about .500 or below. Still, an examination of where the Braves have gleaned the most value reveals that there is more…
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'