Feb 13, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
2014 record: 77-85, 4th place in AL East Manager: Kevin Cash, 1st season Estimated 2015 payroll: $75 million Key additions: OF Steven Souza, Jr., SS Asdrubal Cabrera, DH Jon Jaso, RP Kevin Jepsen, RP Erensto Frieri Key losses: OF Wil Myers, 2B/OF Ben Zobrist, manager Joe Maddon, GM Andrew Friedman, SS Yunel Escobar, OF Matt Joyce,…
Dec 20, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
Jerry Blevins’ offseason began much later than his teammates, and later than even those who participated in the 2014 World Series. The 6-foot-6 lefty was part of a showcase series in Japan in mid-November, along with fellow MLBers Yasiel Puig, Evan Longoria and Robinson Cano. Blevins traveled overseas to play against Japan’s national team, called…
Nov 7, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will no longer participate in Major League Baseball’s Japan Series showcase next week, as the final roster was announced on Friday. Relief pitcher Jerry Blevins will instead go to represent the Nationals. Harper was part of an original group announced in late September. Albert Pujols and Adam Jones also dropped out in the…
Feb 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
2013 record: 87-76, 2nd place in AL East Manager: Joe Maddon, 9th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $72.2 million Key additions: RP Grant Balfour, RP Heath Bell, C Ryan Hanigan Key losses: RP Fernando Rodney, OF Sam Fuld, RP Alex Torres Projected lineup LF David DeJesus 2B Ben Zobrist 3B Evan Longoria RF Wil Myers DH…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better
- Nats' Williams shares opinion on MLB's new pace of play rules
- Scherzer faces Wacha in rubber match of series