Apr 16, 2015, 1:37 PM EDT
[Updated 6:45 p.m.] Seeking another lefty for their bullpen before a four-game series against the Philadelphia Phillies, the Nationals called up Felipe Rivero from Triple-A Syracuse on Thursday afternoon. Right-hander Taylor Jordan was sent down as the corresponding move. Rivero, 23, joins the Nationals for his first stint in the majors after seven minor league seasons.…
Mar 16, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
The Nationals made a trio of roster moves on Monday, sending outfielder Brian Goodwin and pitchers Sammy Solis and Felipe Rivero to the minors. Goodwin was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse, while Solis and Rivero were handed to Double-A Harrisburg. Rivero, a 23-year-old lefty, pitched two scoreless innings for the Nationals this spring. In a tweet announcing…
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Nationals have seven players participating in this year’s Arizona Fall League as members of the Mesa Solar Sox. The Solar Sox have played 15 games now, providing a decent sample size for an update on their progress. Here is a look at each Nats prospect’s time so far in Arizona: RHP Derek Self –…
Mar 12, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
The Nationals trimmed their spring training roster by two more names this morning, sending down a pair of promising pitching prospects. Left-hander Felipe Rivero was optioned to Class AA Harrisburg, while right-hander A.J. Cole (who isn’t on the club’s 40-man roster yet) was re-assigned to minor-league camp. Both young pitchers impressed in their first big-league…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better
- Nats' Williams shares opinion on MLB's new pace of play rules
- Scherzer faces Wacha in rubber match of series