Sep 4, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
It was a wild road trip for the Nationals, who saw Felix Hernandez and Clayton Kershaw all in one week, then beat the Dodgers in one of the craziest games of the 2014 MLB season. In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed whether the Nationals and Dodgers…
Aug 30, 2014, 1:21 AM EST
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: The Nationals entered Friday night in a three-game skid going up against the best right-hander of his generation. Few on their roster had ever faced Felix Hernandez, and those who had found no luck. But for some reason, in a development that no one could have predicted, the Nats slapped around King…
Aug 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
On Friday night the Nationals begin a three-game series against the Seattle Mariners with a 10:10 p.m. start time on the East Coast. With the pitching matchup in store, however, this one will be worth the wait. The Nationals will go up against Mariners superstar Felix Hernandez (13-4, 2.07) for the very first time. The…
Aug 25, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
Top storylines: Nine-game road trip - The Nationals begin a three-game series in Philadelphia Monday night, the first leg of a nine-game road trip that will take them through Seattle and Los Angeles to play the Dodgers. The Phillies have been a mess this season and are in last place. The Nats, however, are only 8-5…
Feb 18, 2014, 11:25 AM EST
Doug Fister sat down with Mark at Nationals spring training yesterday in Viera, Fla. to talk about his early impressions of the team. He’s been with the Nats just a few days, but is liking what he sees both from the players and manager Matt Williams. Fister has played on some great teams in the…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair