Nov 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo conducted a thorough search to replace Davey Johnson in the Nats’ dugout, and in the end went with a man he has a long history with. In comes Matt Williams who has been on Rizzo’s radar for years as a potential skipper. Mark caught up with Rizzo at last Friday’s…
Nov 4, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
At Friday’s press conference CSN caught up with a few Nats players who were in attendance. Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there in the first row to welcome their new manager, alongside bench coach Randy Knorr who will remain as the team’s bench coach. Some of those players had voiced their support…
Nov 3, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
On Friday Mark was able to get the Nationals’ new manager, Matt Williams, for a one-on-one interview at Nats Park. The new skipper talked about the talent on the team and managing for the first time. He understands the expectations the team will have in 2014 and seems to be genuinely excited to get started.…
Oct 5, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
ALDS: TAMPA BAY RAYS (0-1) vs. BOSTON RED SOX (1-0) Series: Red Sox lead 1-0 Where: Fenway Park in Boston, MA Gametime: 5:30 p.m. TV: TBS Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Mostly cloudy, 65 degrees, wind 5 mph Starting pitchers: TB – David Price (10-8, 3.33) / BOS – John Lackey (10-13 3.52) An early lead for Tampa Bay turned into a complete…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN