Nov 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo conducted a thorough search to replace Davey Johnson in the Nats’ dugout, and in the end went with a man he has a long history with. In comes Matt Williams who has been on Rizzo’s radar for years as a potential skipper. Mark caught up with Rizzo at last Friday’s…
Nov 4, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
At Friday’s press conference CSN caught up with a few Nats players who were in attendance. Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there in the first row to welcome their new manager, alongside bench coach Randy Knorr who will remain as the team’s bench coach. Some of those players had voiced their support…
Nov 3, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
On Friday Mark was able to get the Nationals’ new manager, Matt Williams, for a one-on-one interview at Nats Park. The new skipper talked about the talent on the team and managing for the first time. He understands the expectations the team will have in 2014 and seems to be genuinely excited to get started.…
Oct 5, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
ALDS: TAMPA BAY RAYS (0-1) vs. BOSTON RED SOX (1-0) Series: Red Sox lead 1-0 Where: Fenway Park in Boston, MA Gametime: 5:30 p.m. TV: TBS Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Mostly cloudy, 65 degrees, wind 5 mph Starting pitchers: TB – David Price (10-8, 3.33) / BOS – John Lackey (10-13 3.52) An early lead for Tampa Bay turned into a complete…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Nationals roster review: Jayson Werth