Nov 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo conducted a thorough search to replace Davey Johnson in the Nats’ dugout, and in the end went with a man he has a long history with. In comes Matt Williams who has been on Rizzo’s radar for years as a potential skipper. Mark caught up with Rizzo at last Friday’s…
Nov 4, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
At Friday’s press conference CSN caught up with a few Nats players who were in attendance. Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Tanner Roark were there in the first row to welcome their new manager, alongside bench coach Randy Knorr who will remain as the team’s bench coach. Some of those players had voiced their support…
Nov 3, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
On Friday Mark was able to get the Nationals’ new manager, Matt Williams, for a one-on-one interview at Nats Park. The new skipper talked about the talent on the team and managing for the first time. He understands the expectations the team will have in 2014 and seems to be genuinely excited to get started.…
Oct 5, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
ALDS: TAMPA BAY RAYS (0-1) vs. BOSTON RED SOX (1-0) Series: Red Sox lead 1-0 Where: Fenway Park in Boston, MA Gametime: 5:30 p.m. TV: TBS Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Mostly cloudy, 65 degrees, wind 5 mph Starting pitchers: TB – David Price (10-8, 3.33) / BOS – John Lackey (10-13 3.52) An early lead for Tampa Bay turned into a complete…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss