Apr 7, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Nationals closer Rafael Soriano earned his first save of the 2014 season on Sunday after closing out the team’s 2-1 win over the Atlanta Braves. Though he sealed the win, however, it took him 22 pitches to record three outs and featured two basehits by the Braves. Soriano even capped it off with a dramatic…
Apr 7, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
For his first start of the 2014 season – and the 10th overall in his young MLB career – Taylor Jordan was handed quite the tough assignment on Sunday. The Nationals were facing a sweep at the hands of the Atlanta Braves, and Matt Williams was resting many of his regulars. Because of injuries and…
Mar 16, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
The Nationals made a minor trade on Saturday night, acquiring infielder Brandon Laird from the Kansas City Royals. The Royals’ return has not yet been announced, but is said to be either a player to be named later or cash. Laird is the brother of Braves catcher Gerald Laird. He’s 26 years old and a…
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins