Nov 4, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Both Adam LaRoche and Denard Span lost out on the NL Gold Glove awards for their respective positions after entering Tuesday night as finalists. The award for first base went to Adrian Gonzalez of the Dodgers, while Juan Lagares of the Mets won the honors for center field. Managers and coaches vote for the competition…
Oct 23, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Nationals first baseman Adam LaRoche and center fielder Denard Span have been named Gold Glove finalists for the 2014 season by Rawlings. The group of finalists was announced on Thursday. LaRoche – who won the award in 2012 – is up against Justin Morneau of the Rockies and Adrian Gonzalez of the Dodgers. Span –…
Oct 29, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
Superb defensive seasons by Denard Span and Ian Desmond weren’t quite superb enough to earn baseball’s highest fielding honor. Neither Span nor Desmond won Gold Glove Awards, which were officially handed out tonight by Rawlings, though each Nationals player was a finalist at his respective position. Span lost out to the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez as…
Oct 6, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
It figures to be a long six months until Opening Day 2014 when the Nationals play at the New York Mets, and much of the Nats’ offseason objectives do not involve specific deadlines or dates. That said, there are plenty of days for Nats fans to look forward to this fall and winter as they…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants