Nov 4, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Both Adam LaRoche and Denard Span lost out on the NL Gold Glove awards for their respective positions after entering Tuesday night as finalists. The award for first base went to Adrian Gonzalez of the Dodgers, while Juan Lagares of the Mets won the honors for center field. Managers and coaches vote for the competition…
Oct 23, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
Nationals first baseman Adam LaRoche and center fielder Denard Span have been named Gold Glove finalists for the 2014 season by Rawlings. The group of finalists was announced on Thursday. LaRoche – who won the award in 2012 – is up against Justin Morneau of the Rockies and Adrian Gonzalez of the Dodgers. Span –…
Oct 29, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
Superb defensive seasons by Denard Span and Ian Desmond weren’t quite superb enough to earn baseball’s highest fielding honor. Neither Span nor Desmond won Gold Glove Awards, which were officially handed out tonight by Rawlings, though each Nationals player was a finalist at his respective position. Span lost out to the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez as…
Oct 6, 2013, 6:18 AM EST
It figures to be a long six months until Opening Day 2014 when the Nationals play at the New York Mets, and much of the Nats’ offseason objectives do not involve specific deadlines or dates. That said, there are plenty of days for Nats fans to look forward to this fall and winter as they…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats