Feb 13, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
2014 record: 77-85, 4th place in AL East Manager: Kevin Cash, 1st season Estimated 2015 payroll: $75 million Key additions: OF Steven Souza, Jr., SS Asdrubal Cabrera, DH Jon Jaso, RP Kevin Jepsen, RP Erensto Frieri Key losses: OF Wil Myers, 2B/OF Ben Zobrist, manager Joe Maddon, GM Andrew Friedman, SS Yunel Escobar, OF Matt Joyce,…
Feb 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
2013 record: 87-76, 2nd place in AL East Manager: Joe Maddon, 9th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $72.2 million Key additions: RP Grant Balfour, RP Heath Bell, C Ryan Hanigan Key losses: RP Fernando Rodney, OF Sam Fuld, RP Alex Torres Projected lineup LF David DeJesus 2B Ben Zobrist 3B Evan Longoria RF Wil Myers DH…
Jan 30, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
As professional sports continue to adapt to the age of Twitter and social media, one thing is becoming clearer and clearer as each year goes by. Rumors, whether the trade or free agent variety, are becoming more prevalent as media outlets and fans crave content and conversation more and more by the day. The NFL…
Jan 21, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo hasn’t been afraid in the past to make a surprise January signing, even at positions that already appear to be filled — ie. Edwin Jackson in 2012 and Rafael Soriano in 2013 — so it perhaps wasn’t all that surprising over the weekend when a report by FoxSports.com suggested the Nationals have some…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington