Feb 13, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
2014 record: 77-85, 4th place in AL East Manager: Kevin Cash, 1st season Estimated 2015 payroll: $75 million Key additions: OF Steven Souza, Jr., SS Asdrubal Cabrera, DH Jon Jaso, RP Kevin Jepsen, RP Erensto Frieri Key losses: OF Wil Myers, 2B/OF Ben Zobrist, manager Joe Maddon, GM Andrew Friedman, SS Yunel Escobar, OF Matt Joyce,…
Feb 3, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
2013 record: 87-76, 2nd place in AL East Manager: Joe Maddon, 9th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $72.2 million Key additions: RP Grant Balfour, RP Heath Bell, C Ryan Hanigan Key losses: RP Fernando Rodney, OF Sam Fuld, RP Alex Torres Projected lineup LF David DeJesus 2B Ben Zobrist 3B Evan Longoria RF Wil Myers DH…
Jan 30, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
As professional sports continue to adapt to the age of Twitter and social media, one thing is becoming clearer and clearer as each year goes by. Rumors, whether the trade or free agent variety, are becoming more prevalent as media outlets and fans crave content and conversation more and more by the day. The NFL…
Jan 21, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo hasn’t been afraid in the past to make a surprise January signing, even at positions that already appear to be filled — ie. Edwin Jackson in 2012 and Rafael Soriano in 2013 — so it perhaps wasn’t all that surprising over the weekend when a report by FoxSports.com suggested the Nationals have some…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates