Jun 25, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Nationals announced four roster moves on Wednesday afternoon, including the release of oft-injured pitcher Christian Garcia and the call-up of right-hander Taylor Hill from Syracuse. In order to make room for Hill on the roster, the Nationals designated bench player Greg Dobbs for assignment. Second baseman Jeff Kobernus replaced Hill on the roster at…
May 16, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Greg Dobbs’ primary job with the Nationals is to come off the bench and produce a key hit late in games. But the newly signed veteran believes he’s more productive when given at least an occasional opportunity to be in the starting lineup, and it looks like he’ll get that opportunity in D.C. as long…
May 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The Nationals have signed Greg Dobbs to a minor-league contract, acquiring the veteran pinch-hitting specialist, who was released by the Marlins last week. Dobbs, 35, spent the last four seasons with Miami, where he saw significant playing time and posted a .264 batting average with a .307 on-base percentage and .362 slugging percentage. Re-signed over…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest