Jun 25, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
The Nationals announced four roster moves on Wednesday afternoon, including the release of oft-injured pitcher Christian Garcia and the call-up of right-hander Taylor Hill from Syracuse. In order to make room for Hill on the roster, the Nationals designated bench player Greg Dobbs for assignment. Second baseman Jeff Kobernus replaced Hill on the roster at…
May 16, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Greg Dobbs’ primary job with the Nationals is to come off the bench and produce a key hit late in games. But the newly signed veteran believes he’s more productive when given at least an occasional opportunity to be in the starting lineup, and it looks like he’ll get that opportunity in D.C. as long…
May 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
The Nationals have signed Greg Dobbs to a minor-league contract, acquiring the veteran pinch-hitting specialist, who was released by the Marlins last week. Dobbs, 35, spent the last four seasons with Miami, where he saw significant playing time and posted a .264 batting average with a .307 on-base percentage and .362 slugging percentage. Re-signed over…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will the Nationals miss LaRoche?
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats