Gulf Coast League
Nov 29, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 25 How acquired: Draft (2nd round), June 2010 Position: Pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 6 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: Potomac Nationals (Single-A), Gulf Coast Nationals (Rookie), Mesa Solar Sox (AFL) 2013 Stats: 14 G, 13 GS, 2-1, 3.32 ERA, 59.2 IP, 59 H, 23 R, 22 ER, 3 HR, 19 BB, 43 SO, 3…
Nov 25, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 19 How acquired: Draft (1st round), June 2012 Position: Starting pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 1 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: GCL Nationals (Rookie), Auburn Doubledays (Short-Season A) 2013 Stats: 2-1, 11 G, 1.96 ERA, 36.2 IP, 28 H, 9 R, 8 ER, HR, 14 BB, 39 SO, 2 HBP,…
Nov 20, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
The Nationals signed Chris Young last spring, hoping the former All-Star could be summoned from Class AAA Syracuse in case of a sudden pitching need. Young never did make it to Washington, beset by injuries and poor performance, but the Nationals are willing to give the right-hander another shot. The Nationals announced Wednesday morning they’ve…
Oct 22, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
A new wave of young Nats pitching prospects is on display in the Arizona Fall League, and the early returns from two players in particular are very good. Sammy Solis and Matt Purke, both left-handers drafted recently by the Nats, are off to strong starts with the Mesa Solar Sox. Solis is 3-0 through three…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?