Hall of Fame
Nov 24, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
The Baseball Hall of Fame revealed its 2015 ballot on Thursday, and the list surely will add even more fuel to the annual debate about which of the game’s greats deserve enshrinement in Cooperstown. Pitchers Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz are the biggest names of the 17 newcomers on an already-crowded ballot, along with the…
Jan 10, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
THIS WEEK’S DEBATE: WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON WEARING A NATIONALS CAP ON A HALL OF FAME PLAQUE? MARK ZUCKERMAN: Wow, what a great topic for debate. Because this isn’t just about trying to predict which Nationals player is most likely to become a Hall of Famer, but which one is most likely to…
Jan 8, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
There is no greater honor in baseball than election to the Hall of Fame. And there’s no greater Hall of Fame in sports than the original, the one that first opened its doors in Cooperstown, N.Y., in 1936. So you’d think the annual election of new members to baseball immortality would be a joyous occasion,…
Dec 9, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa and Joe Torre all were unanimous selections to the Hall of Fame today, a trio of baseball’s greatest managers honored together with enshrinement in Cooperstown. Cox, La Russa and Torre were voted in by the Hall’s Expansion Era Committee, a 16-person panel that includes Hall…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers