Jan 20, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
2013 record: 62-100, 5th place in NL East Manager: Mike Redmond, 2nd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $40 million Key additions: C Jarrod Saltalamaccia, 1B/OF Garrett Jones, IF Rafael Furcal, 3B Casey McGehee Key losses: 1B Logan Morrison, OF Justin Ruggiano, OF Chris Coghlan Projected lineup 2B Rafael Furcal LF Christian Yelich RF Giancarlo Stanton 1B Garrett Jones C Jarrod Saltalamacchia…
Sep 20, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: Some pitchers’ duel tonight, huh? Well, for five innings, it was. Then the Nationals’ lineup went nuts against Jacob Turner, mashing out seven runs in the bottom of the sixth. That was way more run support than Jordan Zimmermann needed. The right-hander dominated the Marlins’ lineup from the get-go, allowing only…
Sep 19, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: Gio Gonzalez had to pitch on Thursday night a day earlier than expected because of Stephen Strasburg being held out by Davey Johnson. It was also his 28th birthday. Though it may have been short notice, Gonzalez overcame a high pitch count after three innings to give the Nats six frames…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East