Dec 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
The Nationals signed catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league deal on Saturday, bringing the veteran back for a second consecutive spring. Snyder will join the team at big league camp in Viera, Fl. and provide backup catching depth behind Wilson Ramos. Snyder appeared in eight exhibition games for the Nats last year before he…
Dec 9, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Conventional wisdom, entering the Winter Meetings, suggested the Nationals were in the market for a veteran backup catcher, someone who could be a reliable No. 2 behind Wilson Ramos. Mike Rizzo, though, appeared to quash that line of thinking on Monday, saying he believes Ramos can start 125 or more…
Sep 5, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — If the Nationals’ season ends Sept. 29 in disappointing fashion, they undoubtedly will look back at the countless games they lost because they couldn’t deliver in key situations, whether at the plate, on the mound or especially in the field. If, however, the Nationals somehow are able to extend their season into October…
Sep 4, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — The Nationals know Wilson Ramos has the skills to be an everyday catcher in the big leagues. They just don’t know if he has the body to do it. So they’re using this final month of the season to find out once and for all. Ramos on Tuesday started his 12th consecutive game…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series