Dec 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
The Nationals signed catcher Chris Snyder to a minor league deal on Saturday, bringing the veteran back for a second consecutive spring. Snyder will join the team at big league camp in Viera, Fl. and provide backup catching depth behind Wilson Ramos. Snyder appeared in eight exhibition games for the Nats last year before he…
Dec 9, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Conventional wisdom, entering the Winter Meetings, suggested the Nationals were in the market for a veteran backup catcher, someone who could be a reliable No. 2 behind Wilson Ramos. Mike Rizzo, though, appeared to quash that line of thinking on Monday, saying he believes Ramos can start 125 or more…
Sep 5, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — If the Nationals’ season ends Sept. 29 in disappointing fashion, they undoubtedly will look back at the countless games they lost because they couldn’t deliver in key situations, whether at the plate, on the mound or especially in the field. If, however, the Nationals somehow are able to extend their season into October…
Sep 4, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — The Nationals know Wilson Ramos has the skills to be an everyday catcher in the big leagues. They just don’t know if he has the body to do it. So they’re using this final month of the season to find out once and for all. Ramos on Tuesday started his 12th consecutive game…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards