Oct 21, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Jim Leyland’s retirement earlier today as Tigers manager resonated throughout the baseball world, but the surprise announcement shouldn’t significantly affect the Nationals’ ongoing search for a new skipper. Leyland’s departure does create another high-profile and attractive opening for managerial candidates, leaving five positions now available: the Nationals, Tigers, Reds, Cubs and Mariners. But the only…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves