Oct 21, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Jim Leyland’s retirement earlier today as Tigers manager resonated throughout the baseball world, but the surprise announcement shouldn’t significantly affect the Nationals’ ongoing search for a new skipper. Leyland’s departure does create another high-profile and attractive opening for managerial candidates, leaving five positions now available: the Nationals, Tigers, Reds, Cubs and Mariners. But the only…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates