Oct 21, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Jim Leyland’s retirement earlier today as Tigers manager resonated throughout the baseball world, but the surprise announcement shouldn’t significantly affect the Nationals’ ongoing search for a new skipper. Leyland’s departure does create another high-profile and attractive opening for managerial candidates, leaving five positions now available: the Nationals, Tigers, Reds, Cubs and Mariners. But the only…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology