Sep 21, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
As Jordan Zimmermann was working towards what he hoped would be a no-hitter on Friday night, Nats second baseman Anthony Rendon made several plays to keep it intact. Rendon fielded hard hit balls to both his left and his right, and showed off the arm he used to showcase a lot more at third base…
Sep 21, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
As the Nationals hold on to a slim chance of making the playoffs, they are keeping an eye on the series between the Pirates and Reds up in Pittsburgh. Davey Johnson, however, says he’s just as interested in how the St. Louis Cardinals are doing in Milwaukee. The Nationals travel to St. Louis after this…
Aug 31, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
A day after Bryce Harper’s effort on a groundout was questioned by his teammates and bench coach Randy Knorr, manager Davey Johnson elaborated on what he thinks happened in the eighth inning of the Nationals’ loss to the Mets. Johnson believes Harper was favoring his left knee on the play, the same one that’s been…
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss