May 9, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Winners of eight of their last 10 games, the Nationals will try and keep it going on Saturday afternoon as they host the Atlanta Braves in the second game of their weekend series. This one features a solid matchup of right-handed starters in Doug Fister (2-1, 2.61) and Julio Teheran (3-1, 3.82). Fister is making his…
Mar 21, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Episode 5 of ‘Baseball in The District’ turned out to be quite action packed. Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests, Nationals assistant GM Doug Harris and radio voice of the Miami Marlins, Glenn Geffner. Harris talked about the Nationals’ minor league pitching depth and Geffner gave us a preview of the…
Mar 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
In the third installment of ‘Baseball in The District,’ Tim Murray and I are joined by Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to get a peak behind enemy lines at Braves spring training. After entering last season a bit under the radar, the Braves now have a target on their backs as the reigning champions…
Dec 27, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
As we count down the final days of 2013, we are counting down the 10 most significant moments of the year for the Nationals. These aren’t necessarily positive (or negative) moments, and some didn’t even take place on the field. All, though, were significant in the big picture and defined the Nationals’ year. We continue…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ramos comes through with go-ahead hit against D'Backs
- Ramos' late heroics help Nats top D-Backs, snap losing streak
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East