Jan 10, 2015, 6:00 AM EST
The turn of the calendar to 2015 makes it a little bit easier for all of us to picture the beginning of spring training, even with the harsh winter setting in around Washington, D.C. There are now just six weeks to go before pitchers and catchers report in Viera for Nationals camp. As the season…
Jan 24, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
2013 record: 85-77, 3rd place in AL East Manager: Joe Girardi, 7th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $196 million Key additions: OF Jacoby Ellsbury, C Brian McCann, SP Masahiro Tanaka, OF Carlos Beltran Key losses: SP Phil Hughes, OF Vernon Wells, 3B Alex Rodriguez (technically) Projected lineup CF Jacoby Ellsbury SS Derek Jeter RF Carlos Beltran 1B Mark Teixeira C Brian…
Nov 8, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
With MLB free agency officially underway — don’t get too excited yet, because players typically don’t start signing for several more weeks — we’re taking a broad look at players the Nationals could pursue, based on positions of possible need. We continue today with bench players… The Nationals’ bench, touted as a real strength on…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts