Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
The Nationals have put together a nice little run here as of late, winning four of their last five games and scoring a bunch of runs in the process. Tonight they send Doug Fister (3-1, 3.34) to the mound for his sixth start of the season as they look for the sweep against Philly. Having pitched…
Jan 28, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
2013 record: 73-89, 4th place in NL East Manager: Ryne Sandberg, 2nd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $160 million Key additions: OF Marlon Byrd, SP Miguel Gonzalez, C Wil Nieves Key losses: SP John Lannan, C Erik Kratz Projected lineup CF Ben Revere SS Jimmy Rollins 2B Chase Utley 1B Ryan Howard RF Marlon Byrd LF…
Sep 14, 2013, 12:50 AM EST
These days just about everything is going the Nationals’ way. Returning home for a ten game homestand, the Nats pulled Stephen Strasburg from his start in a surprise move because of forearm soreness. In came Ross Ohlendorf who had been a disaster since July, and off he went with a 31-pitch inning that saw an…
Sep 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The Nationals return home having won six consecutive games and eight of their last nine. Tonight they try and keep it going with the first of a three-game series against the Phillies. The Nats will open their homestand without Stephen Strasburg who was a late scratch due to forearm tightness. Ross Ohlendorf is starting in…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action