Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
The Nationals have put together a nice little run here as of late, winning four of their last five games and scoring a bunch of runs in the process. Tonight they send Doug Fister (3-1, 3.34) to the mound for his sixth start of the season as they look for the sweep against Philly. Having pitched…
Jan 28, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
2013 record: 73-89, 4th place in NL East Manager: Ryne Sandberg, 2nd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $160 million Key additions: OF Marlon Byrd, SP Miguel Gonzalez, C Wil Nieves Key losses: SP John Lannan, C Erik Kratz Projected lineup CF Ben Revere SS Jimmy Rollins 2B Chase Utley 1B Ryan Howard RF Marlon Byrd LF…
Sep 14, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
These days just about everything is going the Nationals’ way. Returning home for a ten game homestand, the Nats pulled Stephen Strasburg from his start in a surprise move because of forearm soreness. In came Ross Ohlendorf who had been a disaster since July, and off he went with a 31-pitch inning that saw an…
Sep 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The Nationals return home having won six consecutive games and eight of their last nine. Tonight they try and keep it going with the first of a three-game series against the Phillies. The Nats will open their homestand without Stephen Strasburg who was a late scratch due to forearm tightness. Ross Ohlendorf is starting in…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?