Nov 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The Washington Nationals have now existed, believe it or not, for 10 full baseball seasons. For those of us who were there that first morning in Viera in the spring of 2005 or at a sold-out RFK Stadium two months later, this does not seem possible. Ten years? How did that happen? It did happen,…
Nov 4, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
For those who have followed the Nationals closely over the last decade, there are few figures more beloved than Livan Hernandez, the charismatic, overweight-yet-surprisingly-athletic, fun-loving right-hander who threw the first pitch in club history and until only recently held most of the team’s pitching records. The man we know simply as “Livo” will forever be attached to…
May 30, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
This week’s episode of The Baseball Show featured a pretty funny segment from spring training. Nationals relief pitchers Drew Storen and Craig Stammen went golfing with former teammate Livan Hernandez down in Viera, Fla., and CSN had a camera there. All three guys were mic’d up as they played the course and it made for…
Jan 26, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
There aren’t a whole lot of ex-Nationals who bring a smile to everyone’s faces, owing in large part to the franchise’s overall lack of success and ever-changing roster during its first nine seasons in the District. Livan Hernandez, though, has always been — and will always remain — one of the most popular players in…
Nov 16, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The Nationals have been playing baseball in this town for nine years now, and with each passing season they write more and more of their own history. Which means their all-time stat leaderboards are beginning to look more and more legitimate. The first couple of times I compiled these leaderboards, the lists induced tears and…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed