Aug 28, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
While the Nationals square off against the Mariners in a rare series at Safeco Field, leading the charge in the Seattle dugout will be a familiar face. Trent Jewett – who spent 2009 through 2013 in the Nationals’ organization – will be standing in to coach the Mariners, as manager Lloyd McClendon will be away…
Nov 11, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
The Nats officially have a job opening. Third base coach Trent Jewett has been hired by the Seattle Mariners to join newly hired Lloyd McClendon’s staff as bench coach. Jewett worked with McClendon in Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2002. Jewett’s departure means the Nats will need a new assistant to join Matt Williams for 2014.…
Nov 10, 2013, 5:49 PM EST
The Nationals have granted permission to the Seattle Mariners to interview Trent Jewett for the role of bench coach, this according to FoxSports.com. Jewett is currently the Nationals’ third base coach and interviewed for their managerial opening last month. Jewett has been with the Nationals since 2009, but could move to Seattle to reunite with Lloyd McClendon…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will the Nationals miss LaRoche?
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats