Aug 28, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
While the Nationals square off against the Mariners in a rare series at Safeco Field, leading the charge in the Seattle dugout will be a familiar face. Trent Jewett – who spent 2009 through 2013 in the Nationals’ organization – will be standing in to coach the Mariners, as manager Lloyd McClendon will be away…
Nov 11, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
The Nats officially have a job opening. Third base coach Trent Jewett has been hired by the Seattle Mariners to join newly hired Lloyd McClendon’s staff as bench coach. Jewett worked with McClendon in Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2002. Jewett’s departure means the Nats will need a new assistant to join Matt Williams for 2014.…
Nov 10, 2013, 5:49 PM EDT
The Nationals have granted permission to the Seattle Mariners to interview Trent Jewett for the role of bench coach, this according to FoxSports.com. Jewett is currently the Nationals’ third base coach and interviewed for their managerial opening last month. Jewett has been with the Nationals since 2009, but could move to Seattle to reunite with Lloyd McClendon…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK