Feb 12, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
The Nationals formally announced 20 non-roster invitees to big-league camp this spring, a list that includes three former MLB All-Stars, several other recognizable names and a group of upper-level prospects from their own farm system. Among the most well-known players who signed minor-league contracts and garnered invitations to major-league camp are second baseman Dan Uggla…
Nov 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The Nationals have re-signed infielder Emmanuel Burriss and reliever Manny Delcarmen to minor-league contracts, offering both players invitations to big-league camp next spring with a chance to make the Opening Day roster. Burriss and Delcarmen return to the organization after spending all of 2014 at Class AAA Syracuse, where each performed well. Burriss hit .300…
Mar 20, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals made six more cuts before this afternoon’s game against the Tigers, bringing even more clarity to the few remaining roster battles over the final week of spring training. Right-handers Ross Ohlendorf and Christian Garcia and catcher Jhonatan Solano were optioned to Class AAA Syracuse, with fellow reliever Manny Delcarmen and…
Dec 13, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
The Nationals signed three players on Friday to minor league deals with invitations to major league spring training: first baseman Brock Peterson, pitcher Manny Delcarmen and catcher Brian Jeroloman. All three will report to Viera, Fl. hoping to compete for a roster spot and add depth to the Nationals’ exhibition squad. Peterson, 30, spent last…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone
- Desmond arrives in Viera, now what about his future with Nats?
- Nats' Zimmerman on getting adjusted to first base