Sep 25, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
Updated at 5:27 p.m. Major League Baseball has suspended Jonathan Papelbon three games and fined the Nationals closer an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing at Manny Machado during Wednesday night’s loss to the Orioles. Papelbon has appealed the ruling and will remain eligible to pitch until his case is heard, the Nationals said. He declined…
Jul 11, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
With the Nationals and Orioles squaring off this week, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I figured it was a good time to welcome in an O’s insider. This week for our first guest, we were joined by CSNbaltimore.com Orioles reporter Rich Dubroff. Rich has covered baseball and the Orioles for many years and had…
Jul 10, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: The Nationals came into Thursday night looking for a series win against the Orioles, but a rocky first three innings by Gio Gonzalez set the tone for what ended up a close loss for Washington. The Nats came back with a run in the fourth and two more in the sixth to…
Feb 20, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
To say Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper is motivated for the 2014 season may be quite the understatement. After experiencing success in 2012 with a Nats team that won 98 games and the NL East, he still isn’t over falling short of a playoff berth last season. He’s back and hopes things go much differently this…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals