Feb 11, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
2014 record: 88-74, 2nd place in NL West Manager: Bruce Bochy, 9th season Estimated 2015 payroll: $163.8 million Key additions: 3B Casey McGehee, OF Nori Aoki Key losses: 3B Pablo Sandoval, 1B/OF Michael Morse Projected lineup CF Angel Pagan 2B Joe Panik 1B Brandon Belt C Buster Posey RF Hunter Pence 3B Casey McGehee LF Nori…
Jan 20, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Though Max Scherzer’s contract includes a signing bonus and deferred money, the final total counting against the Nats’ payroll comes in at seven years and $210 million. Not only is that the biggest contract ever handed out in Nationals history, it’s the second largest ever for a starting pitcher, both in total money and average annual…
Jun 12, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
The Nationals traveled to San Francisco this week looking to challenge the Giants and their best record in baseball, but so far through three games it’s been Washington who has looked like the better team. On Wednesday night they again beat the Giants in convincing fashion, controlling the game from start to finish. Tanner Roark outpitched Matt…
Feb 1, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
2013 record: 76-86, 3rd place in NL West Manager: Bruce Bochy, 8th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $154 million Key additions: OF Michael Morse, SP Tim Hudson Key losses: SP Barry Zito, RP Chad Gaudin, OF Andres Torres Projected lineup CF Angel Pagan 2B Marco Scutaro 1B Brandon Belt C Buster Posey RF Hunter Pence 3B…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Escobar leaves Nats game with hand injury
- Nats weighing options for starter to replace Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers