Sep 22, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: With their backs against the wall in the playoff race, the Nats can’t afford a poor outing from one of their starting pitchers, much less one against the last place Marlins. Dan Haren allowed Miami to take an early lead thanks to a two-run home run by Giancarlo Stanton in the top…
Sep 19, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: Gio Gonzalez had to pitch on Thursday night a day earlier than expected because of Stephen Strasburg being held out by Davey Johnson. It was also his 28th birthday. Though it may have been short notice, Gonzalez overcame a high pitch count after three innings to give the Nats six frames…
Sep 9, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Top storylines: Bryce Harper’s hip - This week we learned Harper is dealing with an injury to his hip, an ailment serious enough to send him home to Washington from Miami for further testing. Harper has clearly been hobbled lately and it brings into question whether he should return at all this season. Exactly how long…
Aug 30, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Looking to pull a longman out of his bullpen to make a start on Sunday, Davey Johnson needed Gio Gonzalez to pitch deep into Thursday’s game against the Marlins. A rain delay the night before forced Johnson to use five different relief pitchers, and the previous night he needed four out of the bullpen to…
Aug 30, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
It’s easy to over-analyze everything that happens in baseball, with so many nuances and so much downtime fostering that tendency, but the Nationals right now are trying their darndest to avoid that temptation. They know they’ve been playing much better ball for three weeks, they know they’ve been making up ground in the standings and…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards
- Zimmerman, LaRoche homers lift Nationals over Atlanta
- Nationals split-squads face Braves, Cardinals
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)