Mar 27, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — Left-hander Michael Gonzalez, released by the Nationals on Tuesday, has rejoined the organization on a minor-league contract. Gonzalez originally had signed a minor-league contract with the Nationals on March 4, hoping to pitch his way onto the club’s Opening Day roster. But the 35-year-old struggled in four Grapefruit League appearances,…
Mar 25, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals released left-hander Michael Gonzalez this afternoon, removing one more name from the competition for their final bullpen job about 48 hours before they break camp and head north to begin the season. Gonzalez had signed a minor-league contract with the Nationals on March 4, hoping to pitch his way onto…
Mar 24, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
JUPITER, Fla. — Even though they’re already committed to carrying both Ross Detwiler and Jerry Blevins on their Opening Day roster, the Nationals still are thinking about carrying a third left-hander in their bullpen to begin the season. The decision to move Detwiler out of the rotation and into the bullpen last week seemed to…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position