Jan 30, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
2013 record: 97-65, 1st place in NL Central Manager: Mike Matheny, 3rd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $109 million Key additions: OF Peter Bourjos, IF Jhonny Peralta, IF Mark Ellis Key losses: OF Carlos Beltran, SP Chris Carpenter, IF Rafael Furcal, IF David Freese, RP John Axford, RP Edward Mujica Projected lineup 3B Matt Carpenter CF…
Sep 25, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
ST. LOUIS — Ryan Zimmerman stepped to the plate, the throng of 38,940 at Busch Stadium standing, applauding and holding up cell phone cameras in hopes of capturing the moment Michael Wacha threw a no-hitter in the ninth start of his career. Zimmerman had seen his Nationals teammates flail away all night at the 22-year-old…
Sep 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
Game in a nutshell: With nothing left to play for but pride after getting eliminated Monday night, the Nationals still hoped to deal a blow to the Cardinals’ hopes of winning a division title, so Davey Johnson fielded his regular lineup tonight against Michael Wacha. It didn’t matter. Wacha was brilliant from the start, retiring…
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle