May 21, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Through his first eight games as a Washington National, Max Scherzer is off to the best start of his career by several measures. His ERA is a pristine 1.75, good for fourth in the National League. His strikeout-to-walk ratio is 8.25, over double his career average of 3.49. He’s tied for third in the majors…
Mar 29, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
**Today’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather at Nationals Park** Checking in here at Nationals Park where the tarp is down and the rain is falling. If you saw my post earlier on the forecast, it is not looking great for the afternoon. There is a lot of precipitation expected. The Nats have…
Mar 29, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Here are some notes on the Nationals as they ready for their final exhibition game of 2014, a home matchup with the Detroit Tigers… Rain is in the forecast The Nationals have returned to Washington to play one exhibition game against the Detroit Tigers before they head even further north for Opening Day in New…
Oct 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 6: DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX Series: Red Sox lead 3-2 Where: Fenway Park, Boston, MA Gametime: 4:30 p.m. TV: FOX Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Mostly cloudy, 63 degrees, wind 11 mph Starting pitchers: DET – Max Scherzer (21-3, 2.90) / BOS – Clay Buchholz (12-1, 1.74) One run was the difference in Game 5 and it left the Detroit…
Oct 13, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 2: DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX Where: Fenway Park, Boston, MA Gametime: 8:00 p.m. TV: FOX Radio: ESPN Radio Weather: Clear, 51 degrees, wind 4 mph Starting pitchers: DET – Max Scherzer (21-3, 2.90) / BOS – Clay Buchholz (12-1, 1.74) Get the two highest scoring lineups in the majors together at Fenway and what happens? A 1-0…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss