Minor League Baseball
Nov 26, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Age on Opening Day 2014: 23 How acquired: Draft (1st round), June 2011 Position: Center fielder Prospect Rank: No. 3 in Nats’ org. (Baseball America) 2013 Team/Level: Harrisburg Senators (Double-A) 2013 Stats: 122 G, 533 PA, 457 AB, 82 R, 115 H, 19 2B, 11 3B, 10 HR, 40 RBI, 19 SB, 11 CS, 66…
Nov 20, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
The Nationals signed Chris Young last spring, hoping the former All-Star could be summoned from Class AAA Syracuse in case of a sudden pitching need. Young never did make it to Washington, beset by injuries and poor performance, but the Nationals are willing to give the right-hander another shot. The Nationals announced Wednesday morning they’ve…
Sep 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
David DeJesus had just three at-bats with the Nationals before they shipped him to Tampa Bay for a player to be named later in late August. Now, nearly a month later, that player’s name has been announced. The Nationals received lefty relief pitcher Matt Spann in return, a 6-foot-7 former 25th round pick. The 22-year-old…
Sep 13, 2013, 3:23 PM EST
With most of their minor league seasons wrapped up, the Washington Nationals handed out awards for the 2013 campaign on Friday. Outfielder Billy Burns took minor league player of the year honors while right-hander Taylor Jordan was named the organization’s pitcher of the year. Burns finished with Double-A Harrisburg after spending the better part of…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect