Aug 14, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured three different guests for the very first time. The first was Nats outfielder Michael Taylor, the second was Kevin McAlpin from the Braves radio network and the third was WTOP’s Ben Raby. Taylor talked with Tim Murray about his memorable debut on Tuesday night in an…
Dec 13, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Nearly ten years after the Expos moved to Washington to become the Nationals, the city of Montreal is discussing bringing baseball back. A new study from the Montreal Gazette explores the possibility by looking at the specific costs a new team would require. Their findings include a $525 million price tag to purchase a team…
Nov 19, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
Updated at 8:45 p.m. In an ongoing effort to surround Matt Williams with as much institutional knowledge as possible, the Nationals have given their new manager another coach with longstanding ties to the organization. Bobby Henley, who has served as either a player, minor-league coordinator or manager in the Nationals franchise for all but one…
Sep 30, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Top storylines: 86 wins – The Nationals finished their 2013 campaign with losses in five of their final eight games, leaving them with a total of 86 on the year. They ended up ten games behind the Braves in the NL East and four games behind Cincinnati in the wild card race. 86 is a respectable…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats