Feb 5, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
2014 record: 84-78, 2nd place in AL East Manager: Joe Girardi, 8th season Estimated 2015 payroll: $214.3 million Key additions: RP Andrew Miller, SS Didi Gregorious, DH Garrett Jones, SP Nathan Eovaldi Key losses: SS Derek Jeter, CL David Roberston, OF Ichiro Suzuki, 3B Martin Prado, SP Brandon McCarthy, SP Hiroki Kuroda Projected lineup LF Brett Gardner 3B Chase…
Sep 27, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
One day after clinching the NL’s best record as part of their second doubleheader in as many days, the Nationals will go up against the Marlins in the final weekend of the regular season. It’s Stephen Strasburg (13-11, 3.23) vs. Nathan Eovaldi (6-13, 4.44) in a matchup of young right-handers. What will Strasburg have in his…
May 26, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Coming off a series loss against the Pirates in Pittsburgh, the Nationals return home to play the second place Miami Marlins at Nats Park on Memorial Day. The Marlins are a half-game ahead of Washington in the NL East after dropping two of three vs. the Brewers. The Marlins are a much better team than…
Jan 20, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
2013 record: 62-100, 5th place in NL East Manager: Mike Redmond, 2nd season Estimated 2014 payroll: $40 million Key additions: C Jarrod Saltalamaccia, 1B/OF Garrett Jones, IF Rafael Furcal, 3B Casey McGehee Key losses: 1B Logan Morrison, OF Justin Ruggiano, OF Chris Coghlan Projected lineup 2B Rafael Furcal LF Christian Yelich RF Giancarlo Stanton 1B Garrett Jones C Jarrod Saltalamacchia…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5