Jan 2, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
ESPN’s Buster Olney ranked his top 10 teams in MLB the other day, a list that included the Nationals. Olney had the Nats eighth, but if you break it down to only NL clubs, they’re fourth. The NL teams ahead of the Nationals? The Dodgers (second overall), Cardinals (third) and Braves (seventh). That seems fair.…
Nov 14, 2013, 1:26 AM EDT
In what should come as no surprise to anyone, Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers took home the 2013 NL Cy Young award, the second time in three years he’s been given the honor. Kershaw was dominant, going 16-9 with a 1.83 ERA. His ERA topped the NL for the third consecutive year and led all…
Nov 8, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
Denard Span may have missed out on the coveted Gold Glove award for National League center fielders, but he has been given somewhat of a consolation prize. Span was named the Wilson defensive player of the year award for the Washington Nationals from Wilson sporting goods. The award signifies Span as the Nationals’ most valuable…
Oct 25, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Both shortstop Ian Desmond and center fielder Denard Span of the Nationals were named finalists for the Rawlings Gold Glove awards set to be handed out on Tuesday Oct. 29. Each is one of three players at their position in the National League in the running for the honor. Desmond, 28, was nominated alongside Andrelton…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better