Jan 2, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
ESPN’s Buster Olney ranked his top 10 teams in MLB the other day, a list that included the Nationals. Olney had the Nats eighth, but if you break it down to only NL clubs, they’re fourth. The NL teams ahead of the Nationals? The Dodgers (second overall), Cardinals (third) and Braves (seventh). That seems fair.…
Nov 14, 2013, 1:26 AM EST
In what should come as no surprise to anyone, Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers took home the 2013 NL Cy Young award, the second time in three years he’s been given the honor. Kershaw was dominant, going 16-9 with a 1.83 ERA. His ERA topped the NL for the third consecutive year and led all…
Nov 8, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
Denard Span may have missed out on the coveted Gold Glove award for National League center fielders, but he has been given somewhat of a consolation prize. Span was named the Wilson defensive player of the year award for the Washington Nationals from Wilson sporting goods. The award signifies Span as the Nationals’ most valuable…
Oct 25, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Both shortstop Ian Desmond and center fielder Denard Span of the Nationals were named finalists for the Rawlings Gold Glove awards set to be handed out on Tuesday Oct. 29. Each is one of three players at their position in the National League in the running for the honor. Desmond, 28, was nominated alongside Andrelton…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Escobar having stiff back examined by doctor
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play