Sep 17, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
The Nationals are used to encounters with prominent politicians and other Washington newsmakers, but Tuesday morning’s clubhouse visitor (and his reason for stopping by) was particularly notable. Admiral James A. Winnefeld Jr., vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, handed out Navy caps for players to wear prior to the Nationals’ doubleheader opener against…
Sep 16, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Updated at 5:13 p.m. The Nationals have shared a close relationship with the Navy Yard ever since the two became neighbors in 2008. The ballpark Metro exit remains the “Navy Yard” station. Servicemen and servicewomen from the yard regularly attend games at Nationals Park and are recognized on the scoreboard. When the Nationals record the…
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase