Sep 17, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
The Nationals are used to encounters with prominent politicians and other Washington newsmakers, but Tuesday morning’s clubhouse visitor (and his reason for stopping by) was particularly notable. Admiral James A. Winnefeld Jr., vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, handed out Navy caps for players to wear prior to the Nationals’ doubleheader opener against…
Sep 16, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Updated at 5:13 p.m. The Nationals have shared a close relationship with the Navy Yard ever since the two became neighbors in 2008. The ballpark Metro exit remains the “Navy Yard” station. Servicemen and servicewomen from the yard regularly attend games at Nationals Park and are recognized on the scoreboard. When the Nationals record the…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals