Sep 17, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
The Nationals are used to encounters with prominent politicians and other Washington newsmakers, but Tuesday morning’s clubhouse visitor (and his reason for stopping by) was particularly notable. Admiral James A. Winnefeld Jr., vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, handed out Navy caps for players to wear prior to the Nationals’ doubleheader opener against…
Sep 16, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Updated at 5:13 p.m. The Nationals have shared a close relationship with the Navy Yard ever since the two became neighbors in 2008. The ballpark Metro exit remains the “Navy Yard” station. Servicemen and servicewomen from the yard regularly attend games at Nationals Park and are recognized on the scoreboard. When the Nationals record the…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'