New York Yankees
Nov 24, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
All-Star catcher Brian McCann is indeed leaving the National League East. The 29 year old backstop has reached a deal with the New York Yankees that will pay him $85 million over five years, with a vesting option for the sixth. McCann was expected to sign elsewhere, and the American League will allow him spend…
Oct 9, 2013, 3:42 PM EST
If the Nationals had visions of bringing Joe Girardi to Washington, they were officially quashed on Wednesday when the Yankees announced they have signed their manager to a four-year extension that will keep him in the Bronx through at least 2017. The odds of Girardi coming to D.C. all along seemed long, with his top…
Sep 26, 2013, 1:19 PM EST
The Tigers have clinched a spot in the Division Series, but the AL Wild Card chase couldn’t be much closer, with the Rays, Rangers, and Indians all locked in a dogfight. On the flip side, recently eliminated teams like the Yankees and Nationals are left to ponder their offseason moves in an attempt to get…
Sep 13, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
My, what a difference a year and a few beards can make. One season after winning just 69 games, the Boston Red Sox have all but locked up the AL East crown, leading the division by 8.5 games with an 89-59 record. The Braves, too, have nailed down a division crown — meaning the real…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal